Saturday, December 21, 2013

Journey at The Los Angeles Forum in August, 1983 for 5 nights!

In 1983 I was 20 years old and living with two room-mates who laughed at me for liking Journey. I had bought 2 tickets for each night at the Forum where Journey would be playing 5 nights. August 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 and I was going to take a different person with me every night.

During that summer I had a difficult time finding someone who wanted to go. Everyone wanted to decide later. When August came, I had more than enough people wanting to go, although not all were who I wanted. I did take two of the people who laughed at me for liking Journey by their request.

By the second night, I knew the setlist and had already bought the program and t-shirts and things, so there was nothing left to do but drink beer and enjoy the concert. By the fourth night I knew when it was OK to rush the stage. They would allow anyone to come as close as possible to the stage near the end of the show and I figured out to almost make it to the wall.

These were great times and great concerts!!

Here are my ticket stubs for the first 3 nights at the fabulous Forum 1983.

Radio Station KLOS 95.5 gave out rainbow Journey stickers at the event.

The back of the KLOS rainbow Journey sticker.

7 comments:

  1. Bryan Adams opened up for Journey touring on his second album, "Cuts Like A Knife."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there all five nights that year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there, and had backstage passes for all 5 nights! met the band and played the Journey video game backstage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I was there with Liga Danenberg, backstage for all 5 days and nights! We were 16-17 years old, and had the time of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Anonymous, I remember you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome blog! I was there on August 5th 1983, my 22nd birthday! One I will never forget.. I adore Steve Perry ♥

    ReplyDelete